Monday 26 October 2015

Where my shoes took me: In the streets of Munich


I was lucky to experience Oktoberfest.

And it's based in one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited.

* M U N I C H *



When I wasn't enjoying the festivities at Oktoberfest, I was exploring everything Munich had to offer.

I went on a city walking tour to see the city centre and learn some of the city's history.

We started in Marienplatz and walked around for 3 hours. We learnt how the city of Munich was built into the city it is today and the history of the people who built it. It was rather fascinating. 


Things to do in Munich:

  • You definitely should enjoy some traditional beer in one of the many, many beer halls. If you are not much of a beer drinker, you'll get over it and learn to enjoy it! 
  • After enjoying your beer, you should head to hans im glück for the most amazing burger!
  • Walk through the parks and gardens to enjoy the nature and serenity
  • You can climb the top of the church in the city centre for just 2 euros! You'll climb about 200-300 stairs but the view is worth it! 
  • After climbing the many stairs, you can enjoy a German pretzel! I had two favourites, sugar pretzels for the morning and cheesy pretzels for an afternoon snack! Definitely worth the 1.80 euro!


One thing to know when travelling in Munich, no shops are open after midday on Saturday or all day on a Sunday! So don't leave grocery shopping to the weekend! We spent close to two hours walking around the city centre trying to find a shop to buy some toilet paper and chocolate! Weird combination right? :) We were lucky to discover a small convenience store at the train station.







If you have the chance to be in Munich during Oktoberfest, I highly recommend it but Munich is so beautiful to explore... Anytime of the year is a bonus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...