Monday 12 October 2015

Where my shoes took me: Oktoberfest

* O K T O B E R F E S T *

If this is something on your bucket list, you definitely need to put it at the top of the list right now! It is something you should experience at least once in your lifetime.

Millions of people from around the world flock to Munich to enjoy the beer and enjoy Oktoberfest.

Oktoberfest 2015

You get to meet so many people, drink German beer and sample German cuisine.

At one point, I was sitting at a table full of people from France, Germany, Australia, America, Holland, Spain and England.

It was incredible.


I was in shock the first day I arrived in Munich.

Firstly, I couldn't get over how an entire city embraced the tradition. Getting off of the bus, it was like I stepped into a different century. Women were walking around in dirndls and men were wearing lederhosens.


After settling into Munich and our accomodation, we decided to check out the festival.

There were rides, food stalls and of course beer tents.

I went into a beer tent, with a crowd of thousands, singing along to German songs, drinking litres of beer and all having a good time. I was surprised to see so many people, all having a good time together.


I'm not a beer drinker. I've only tasted a few beers in my life but when at Oktoberfest, you have to try the beer, right? The beer was fresh, strong and ridiculously heavy. It was a workout in itself just to hold the beer.

If Oktoberfest is something you want to experience, you should plan 6-12 months in advance and reserve your table in a beer tent. The beer is nice to drink but the 1 litre steins gets heavy after holding it for only 5 minutes. Having a table makes it so much more enjoyable.

Oktoberfest Munich was a great experience and one that I will remember for a long time.



1 comment:

  1. I really liked this! This is definitely a post I will be coming back to once I am finally planning to go to Oktoberfest :)

    https://holisuitcases.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...