Monday 20 May 2013

Shoe of the Week #10

My shoe of the week is 'Amp' in blood orange, by Siren shoes.

I discovered Siren shoes late into my sole obsession. I must have been living under a rock for some time! But, then I found them. And, can I just say... amazing shoes!

Wearing: Cue dress and Samantha Wills jewellery

I was doing some web surfing and decided to check out the new season shoes, on the Siren website. When I spotted these shoes, I knew they had to be mine. They are incredible.

What caught my attention most, was the height of the heel. The 14cm heel provides me with a challenge, which I greedily accepted! I have many different heel heights but I think this is by far, the tallest heels in my wardrobe. And... I can walk in them! 

I feel glamorous when I step my feet into these shoes. They make me so much taller. It's nice to see the world at 185cm, for a change! They also give me legs, to be proud of.




The platform is an added feature which aids in the comfort of the heel, by absorbing some of the height. The platform also adds extra support under the balls of the feet, while still maintaining the illusion of skyscraper heels.


I also love the colour of the shoe. It is perfect for the summer months to brighten up your wardrobe. The black and white accents on the shoes, provide a nice contrast against the coral and makes the style unique.



Another amazing feature on these shoes is the t-bar strap. This makes the style incredibly feminine and will be sure to turn heads. These shoes go great with dresses, skirts, shorts and jeans, which makes them versatile... another positive! 

I was surprised by how comfortable these shoes were. The 14cm heel is very structured and supportive and there is added cushioning in the sole of the shoes. This helps to relieve some of the pressure from your feet.


Once I bought these shoes, Siren released them in even more colours, including purple, which is my all time favourite colour. I am still yet to find a purple shoe that I love. These may need to be my next purchase!


4 comments:

  1. Great shoes! I find that with this extremely high shoe, after I take them off I have a pain in the back of my calf... do you think this is a problem or is my calf just getting an epic workout?!! I tend to avoid the more higher versions of shoes for this reason..and because I look like a noonie walking in them LOL any tips? Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky, Thank you for your comment. Wearing high heels is definitely a workout! When you wear high heels, it shortens and engages your calf muscles. Which means, when you take your heels off, the pain you are feeling, is your calf muscles relaxing and stretching out. If you do want to wear high heels, the best tip I can give you is, start with a lower heel and gradually make your way up to higher heels until you reach the desired height. By doing this, it will condition your feet and calf muscles to wearing high heels and the pain won't be so severe. It will also aid in helping you walk properly in high heels. Feel free to read my How to Walk in High Heels Post for more tips at http://howdoestheshoefit.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/how-to-walk-in-high-heels.html

      Hope this helps :) xo

      Delete
  2. I seriously love your website.. Great colors & theme. Did you create this amazing
    site yourself? Please reply back as I'm hoping to create my own website and would love to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Thanks!

    My weblog - wholesale polo shirts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definietly need to start smaller and thats an excuse to wear heels more often!! Thank you :) Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...