Friday 12 July 2013

How to Wear Statement Shoes

Shoes are the perfect accessory. They can liven up any outfit and bring your ensemble into the current season. 

I spend most of my money, filling my wardrobe with shoes. This means, I am limited to how many clothes I can buy. I always opt for, classic styles in my clothes, so I can get many wears out of them, and they last more than one season.


However, I do get bored, wearing the same clothes all the time, so I like to change the look, by styling it, with different shoes. I like to buy statement shoes, so people notice and remember them. A guaranteed statement shoe, is anything with a bold pattern or print. 




Most women are hesitant to buy patterned or printed shoes, as they believe, they are limited to what you can wear them with. 

Here are my tips for wearing patterned/print shoes.

Your patterned/printed shoes, should be the statement of the outfit. You wan't everyone to notice your shoes, so you want to choose the right outfit to complement them.

1. Wear your shoes as the statement piece with a neutral outfit. This is a great way to draw people's attention, to your show stopping heels. It is also a great way to jazz up, your little black dress.

2. Pick out one of the colours, in the pattern of your shoes and style your wardrobe choice, to that colour. This is a great way to tie the ensemble together. For example, a blue, green and yellow, floral print shoe, styled with a blue top and black skirt. 

3. Mixing prints. This is a new trend and I have not yet been game enough to try it but mixing your prints/patterns can make a bold statement. Just try and keep some harmony to the entire ensemble.

4. Add matching accessories. Sometimes you might be lucky and find a pair of patterned/printed shoes that come with a matching handbag. This looks great with neutral/plain outfits. If you cannot find matching accessories, pick out one of the colours in the pattern and add any accessories in that tone.


Don't be afraid to buy those crazy, statement shoes. They are a great way to show the world, your personality and to liven up your wardrobe!


1 comment:

  1. Great ;-)
    Thanks for your tip :-)

    Have a lovely day

    xoxo

    Piera Anastasia

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...