Monday 22 July 2013

Shoe of the Week

Dreaming of Paris...


I was walking down the cobble streets of Avignon. It had been a long and busy day, filled with sight seeing and exploring the history of the town. I was on my way back to the hotel, weaving through little alley ways, admiring the architecture of the town.

Somehow, I had managed to stumble upon a beautiful street, lined with fashion boutiques and beautiful cafes. Even when I am not trying, I can always find hidden fashion treasures.

Wearing: Cue Peplum Dress / Mimco pouch / Dotti Hat / CosmoParis high heels / Chanel lipstick

It was then, that I spotted them. They were sitting in the window of a beautiful boutique and I instantly fell in love. For a while, I had been on the hunt, to find the perfect pair of red, high heel shoes. I always thought they were feminine, flirty and fun and I really wanted to buy a pair for myself. But, finding the perfect red shoe, is much harder than it sounds.



I wanted a classic style, that was simple and elegant but did not look cheap and nasty. And these were it. Unfortunately, I hesitated. I continued down the street to the hotel. Leaving my shoes behind.



Once upon a time, I would hesitate to buy shoes. I would consider the cost of them. And, I would consider my need for them. How different I am now!

A few days later, I was shopping at Au Printemps in Paris, and I spotted them... Again. This time, I knew, it was meant to be.


I tried them on, and instantly wanted them. I love the vibrant red colour of them. They are a great accessory to brighten any outfit!

I love the patent leather as it makes them more elegant and feminine.

The heel is my idea of perfect. They are wonderfully thin and a comfortable height, ideal for all day wear. These shoes are hand made in Italy. Does it get any better than that?


I love these shoes and have worn them so many times. They are extremely versatile and go well with absolutely everything. The classic style means they go great with dresses, skirts and trousers for work, but they also look great under jeans for a more casual look.


These shoes are very special to me and have travelled all the way from Paris. Whenever I step my feet into these shoes, I instantly think of Paris. I start day dreaming about shopping on the Champs Elysees, climbing the Eiffel Tower and cruising down the Seine.

It is amazing how one pair of shoes, can evoke so much emotion and instantly transport me back to Paris :P

Have I mentioned that I love these shoes?


1 comment:

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...