Friday 21 June 2013

My Winter Staples

I sat in front of the wood fire, basking in the warmth of the flames. I can hear the pitter patter of the rain, lightly hitting the window. God, I love that sound. I take in a deep breath and the smell of rich, hot chocolate hits my nostrils. I can't help but smile. Everything about this scene is perfect, right down to my furry slippers and pile of fashion magazines. 

I am a Winter girl, right down to my core (it may be hidden under a few layers of clothing!). I love the relaxing sound of rain, I love the cold wind on my face and I love the smell of fresh air. But, I especially love, Winter fashion. I look forward to Winter all year round. I love tailored jackets, warm woollen coats, scarves, boots and jeans. 

I have spent the last few months building up my perfect Winter 2013 wardrobe and I thought I would share it with you. The below are my Winter staples for 2013 and items I cannot live without in the dead of Winter.




1. Ankle Boots

Ankle boots are extremely versatile and will go with absolutely everything, while keeping your feet toasty warm and free from rain. See my Ankle Boots post for more details.



My favourite ankle boots that I cannot live without this year, is 'Alias' by Sempre Di. They are very comfortable and extremely versatile. I love everything about them. The heel is very sturdy and helps support the weight across your feet. The cut outs above the ankle makes them stylish and helps in elongating my legs.




2. Winter Coat

It's simple... It's stylish... It's classic... It's Cue! 



My woollen Cue jacket is by far, my favourite Winter purchase. It did cost me more than I would like to think about, but it's made from good quality materials so I know it will last me more than one Winter.



This coat screams versatility. I love the classic fitted cut and the A line hem and I especially love the high collar (for keeping my ears warm!). The style is very feminine and will go with absolutely everything. I went for a classic neutral so it can last me many more Winters.



3. Fitted Jacket

I love fitted jackets during Winter. They are a great way to dress up casual outfits without making you appear bulky under so many layers of clothing. And not to mention, they keep you warm!



My favourite 2013 Winter jacket is by Kookai. It is one of my favourite purchases this season and I have already had my monies worth from it. I love the colour of it. It is another neutral tone but it is a great alternative to black. I love how fitted it is at the waist and the high collar. 



 4. Skinny Jeans

I am yet to find the perfect pair of skinny jeans, but these come close! During Winter I cannot live without my Country Road, black skinny wet look jeans. They are extremely comfortable and so easy to wear, all day, every day.

I love skinny jeans so I can tuck my jeans into my boots or so I can show off my favourite stilettos (go figure!).




These Country Roads jeans can be worn casually during the day and can also be dressed up for a night out. I may have bought 3 (or 5) pairs of these jeans... One is never enough!

5. Current Season Accessories

All my Winter staples are black, mainly so they are timeless and can be worn for more than one year! I try to lighten up my wardrobe and add colours for the current season. I do this by adding colourful accessories.

My biggest colour crush right now is any shade of red. This colour is amazing. Scarves, beanies and gloves are a great Winter accessory so why not try and some colour to your outfit? 

My favourite accessory...I think you guessed it... Shoes! I recently bought myself a pair of deep red suede booties from Kookai. These 'City Chic' boots are a great way to add some colour to all my dark Winter clothes.



What Winter staples can't you live without?



4 comments:

  1. Love reading your Blog Fi...........and love your fashion sense. The ankle boots are gorgeous and I just love your coats.Have a fabulous weekend Fi..x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheryl, it means so much to me, that you are reading it. I love writing my blog and I am so glad you are enjoying it. I love getting feedback so thank you for sharing. I hope you have a great weekend also xo

      Delete
    2. I loveeeeeed this post Fiona. A delightful peak into your cosy wardrobe, and hot chocolate entree. I can't wait for your next photo shoot.
      Love jess xx

      Delete
  2. I have two jackets I alternate for work - a red and a grey. A pair of favorite jeans. I have 7 pairs of black boots 2 x ankle 3 x mid and 2 x knee length. I love accessories - something I have only just gotten into but it helps dress up some bland outfits.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...