Friday 17 July 2015

Where my shoes took me: Exploring Angers

I haven't done nearly as much travelling as I always wanted.

But now, I finally found the courage (and the right man) to live my dream.

I was lucky enough to find a man who loves me and loves to explore the world. So what better time to explore the world, then with a gorgeous French man by my side?

And our first destination.

Europe.

T-shirt dresses and trainers = Sports Luxe, perfect for sight seeing 

It was a good time for myself and my Frenchy (my affectionate nickname for him which he hates!) to return to his home city so he can see his family and friends, before we hop between cities and countries for lord knows how long!

Saying goodbye to my friends and family was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Knowing I couldn't give my little niece and nephew a hug and a kiss broke my heart. And knowing, it would be impossible to feed my high heel obsession, sends my into a panic. But, it's a sacrifice I have to make, in order to live my explorer life.

So now we start!

Exploring Angers, France. The home city of my Frenchy.


Walking through the town centre

Angers is a city in the West of France, only 300km South West of Paris. The city is dominated by Cathedrals, museums and the famous Château d'Angers. The Angers centre is full of medieval architecture and history.

Cathédrale Saint-Maurice d'Angers

The best way to explore the city of Angers is in your favourite pair of comfortable shoes! I love walking around all the alleyways, finding all the old houses and seeing the history everywhere. And I love the cobblestone rocks, they add more interest to the streets. And they are great for those famous shoe selfies (see above for mine)!

Enjoying a drink in the garden café at Château d'Angers

When you are not exploring the city, it is nice to sit down and enjoy a café au lait and watch the world go by. You can find quaint little cafés in alleyways or secret gardens.

Being tourists in the town centre

Fresh croissants with a café au lait is a typical breakfast

And the food. OMG! I've never been much of a foodie but the French sure can eat. And they sure know how to cook. My Australia lifestyle of vegemite toast for breakfast has been reinvented with crunchy french baguettes with a side of pain au chocolat (my latest obsession!), which the French dunk in their coffee (weird right?).

I never enjoyed many pastries in the land of Oz, but French pastries are so much more tasty!

There are cute houses like this one in almost every alleyway

My favourite place to relax is in my Frenchy's garden

Watching the sun set over the Loire river 
Exploring the Château grounds

The view from outside the Cathédrale Saint-Maurice d'Angers

I do miss my Aussie Flat Whites but the French café is pretty tasty

Check out my Instagram account for more travel images!


1 comment:

  1. Love it and love that you are enjoying seeing the world!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...