Tuesday 4 August 2015

Where my shoes took me: Beaching in the South of France


So actually, there are no shoes required for Moliets-et-Maa.

Moliets-et-Maa is a popular holiday destination in the South of France. Most people go there to enjoy the beach, catch some waves and enjoy some chill time!

Which is what I did for 8 whole days...

It's safe to say, I am super relaxed now!


After an 8 hour drive from Angers to Moliets, I was rewarded by this sensational view. After unpacking the caravan and setting up the tents (yes, camping is popular there!) I had a nice long nap on the beach soaking up the Summer sun and enjoying the fresh air.

On day 2, I decided to let my boyfriend teach me how to surf! 


I hoped I would be a natural at surfing but instead, I was a natural disaster! :)

After a few minutes in the water, I got to ride some fun waves and I even managed to get up on my knees on my second try! 

I was impressed with myself! 


Walking along the beach and through the nature trails is a good way to unwind after surfing. The scenery in Moliets-et-Maa is breathtakingly beautiful. Everything is fresh and vibrant. 


I am happy to admit that I am a city girl! I love fashion and taking pride in my appearance. For me to spend 8 days camping, in a tent and wearing the same shoes for 8 days, was a real struggle! 

But it was nice to enjoy being out in the nature and it was so easy for me to get dressed in the morning...


What you'll need to pack for a Moliets-et-Maa vacation:

1. Bring your swimwear and lots of it! I took one pair of bathers and it wasn't enough so I ended up buying another pair (Oh the horror!) - You will live in them and they pack up nice and small!

2. A few casual Summer dresses - They are nice to wear during the day over your swimwear and with a quick change of shoes, you can wear the same dress out for dinner!

3. Flip-flops, thongs, sandals... Pack a spare just in case! You'll wear these everyday.

4. A dressy pair of Summer sandals. This will make you feel a bit more dressed up when you go out for dinner.

For me, it was hard to understand, you don't need to worry much about your fashion choices here. You'll spend most of your day in bathers, on the beach and you'll throw your dress over the top when you go out for dinner! It was a nice change for me not to think so much about what to wear!


And of course, it wouldn't be a holiday without a little indulgence. I enjoyed the French ice cream while watching the waves rolling in. 

My favourite... salted caramel. It was the best 2 euros I have spent so far!


And finally, July and August is peak travel season in Moliets, which means, you can do shopping well into the night. The boutiques close between 10-11pm so there is plenty of time for us fashionistas to get our shopping fix!

Follow my Facebook page and Instagram for videos from my trip to Moliets-et-Maa.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...