Friday 28 August 2015

Where my shoes took me: A day in Nantes

So I had a quick trip to Nantes last weekend.

My Frenchy and I were invited to his friends' place for food, drinks and a lovely catch up.

We spent just under an hour driving to the city, where we were greeted with rosé and white wine along with some delicious home made appetisers!

After a few drinks, we ventured outside to explore Nantes by night and find a place to get a drink.

It was almost 2am in the morning so some of the pubs and bars were unfortunately at full capacity but we finally found somewhere to enjoy some beer and shooters!

After a quick dancing session, we headed home.

It was a sleepy start to the next morning, so we didn't venture outside until after 3pm but when we did, we explored some amazing sights!


Apparently, if you follow this green line around the city, you'll be taken to all the sights worth seeing. I didn't have enough time to follow the line, however, I will return...




The Nantes castle was worth a visit. Free entry to everyone makes it so much better! You can explore the castle and see the surrounding views.


After you have had enough sun and want something refreshing, you definitely need to try the ice-cream at La Fraiseraie. It will be the best 2.80 euros you've spent!


After recommendations, Frenchy and I tried the homemade strawberry sorbet and vanilla ice-cream! It was so refreshing. The freshness of the strawberry and the creaminess of the vanilla ice-cream was a match made in heaven.


I didn't spend much time in Nantes but I will definitely return again soon so I can explore it more.

Head to my Facebook page and Instagram account for more holiday pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...