Monday 7 September 2015

A review of my suitcase

So I've been in France for about 8 weeks now and it's hard for me to admit...

I packed too many shoes!


I had a lot of arguments with my friends, family and boyfriend when it came to packing my suitcase. They all told me I had too many shoes but I was adamant, I didn't have enough.

Now that I have had some experience travelling for 8 weeks, I wish I packed more clothes and less shoes.

It gets tiring really quickly to wear the same clothes over and over and over again! I like having different shoes to change the look of the outfit however, it would have been more practical to pack a few more items of clothing to get just a few more outfit options!

Since I am travelling for 12 months, I think my shoes will get more rotation when the seasons change but for now, I've been living in the same 2 pairs of shoes.

The shoes I've used the most:

My Summer sandals - The easiest shoes to carry you from day to night! It has been hot in France so my sandals have been perfect. They look chic with dresses, skirts and shorts, while keeping my feet cool.


My luxe trainers - Perfect for sight seeing. I lived in these the first few days I arrived in France. We did a lot of walking around the city, exploring and my feet were in heaven. 

The best $120 I've spent on shoes... My Armani Jeans trainers

The occasional shoes:

My ballet flats - Great for a night out. They are a bit nicer then Summer sandals and they are super comfortable for walking betweens bars, pubs, restaurants and food carts!

My ankle boots - Every now and again, the Summer nights in France can be a bit cool so my boots have been a saviour! They look nice with dresses, skirts and shorts!

My heels - I have to admit, I've worn my heels a lot... walking around the house! However, they aren't so practical at this moment in time! We do a lot of walking from bars and restaurants so it is more practical to leave the heels at home :( (I can't believe I said that!)


My exercise shoes - I only pull these shoes out for bad weather days when I don't want my other shoes to get ruined or when I'm doing physical activity. But really, they spend more time in my suitcase!

It's sale time in Europe and being the crazy shoe lady that I am, I bought myself a nice pair of trans-seasonal shoes for 50% off! So now, I have one more pair of shoes to fit into my suitcase! 


Check out where I've been so far and where I'm heading to next here.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Fiona, I did have a little giggle about this ;-) but good on you for admitting it!! x

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...