Tuesday 11 August 2015

A month in France


So I have been in France for just over a month now and it's been amazing!

I've spent most of my time here in Angers, the hometown of my Frenchy. We've spent a lot of time catching up with all his family and friends around Angers. I have also spent a substantial amount of time driving along the French country side, through little towns and admiring the scenery.

It's been such a great experience for me. After the initial shock of leaving my family and friends in Australia, I have started to really appreciate where I am.

I am slowly learning how to speak and understand some words in French, I have tasted food I never would have tried before and I've experienced a new culture.

Something that still shocks me, is the amount of food they can eat. I've never been much of a foodie so for me to sit through (and try to eat) a 5 course meal, it is a real struggle! But I have to admit, I have tasted some delicious food!

Where I have been so far:
Paris
Nivillac
Vannes


Where to next:
Puy du Fou (a popular medieval theme park)
Nantes
Toulouse
Monptellier
Italy

While I am proud of myself for starting to understand more French words everyday, my goal for next month is to be able to speak some phrases and have minor converstations.

Follow my Facebook page and Instagram for some holiday pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...