Wednesday 15 July 2015

Let's go travelling

I hate flying.

Being stuck in an aluminium cabin is not my idea of a fun time.

And don't even get me started on trying to sleep!


But flying is the quickest and most efficient way to travel 15,000 kms from Australia to France. And once the plane descended into Charles de Gaulle, I forgot all the troubles of flying. 

But that's jumping ahead in the story...



For a few months now, I planned to travel with my new French boyfriend (more on that in my next post). And the time came around quicker than I ever imagined. It was a bittersweet moment for me. 

Hopping on the plane meant two things. Firstly, I'd be leaving my family, friends and my old life behind and secondly, I'd be experiencing new things, exploring new places and meeting new people.


It was a very long 21 hours in transit for us. We had a 5 hour flight to Singapore with an hour and a half stop over, before boarding a 13 hour plane to Paris. For me, it was a long time to think and to doubt the choice I made...



That was until I looked at the man sitting beside me. 

It was then that I realised, I was doing this to be with the man I love and that I should stop thinking of the 'what ifs' and just live in the moment. From then, I realised I'd made the right choice. 



A day trip in Paris


After a long 21 hours in transit, I was rewarded with a day trip around Paris. We caught the Metro into the Paris central and walked around until we found somewhere to eat. Along the way, I admired the history and the architecture of the city and got a glimpse of the Notre Dame cathedral.

After a glass of wine and a delicious croque monsieur (ham and melted cheese toasty) and french chips, we were on our way to the Eiffel Tower. 

We walked for almost an hour along the Seine river. I was being a tourist and taking photos of everything. And I had this goofy smile on my face the whole time.


I was excited that I got to see the Eiffel Tower. 

I don't know why I have this crazy obsession with the Eiffel Tower but it's a symbol of Paris and until I saw it, I wouldn't believe I was really there.


Along the way, I caught glimpses of it, hiding behind buildings and as I got closer and closer, my excitement was rising. 

And then we were finally there. I've been to Paris before and climbed to the top of the Eiffel Tower twice, but standing underneath it almost 4 years later, I was still in awe of this 300 metre monument. 


I stood underneath, taking so many pictures of it like a crazy person but I didn't care! I was finally here. But it was getting late. From the Eiffel Tower, we headed back to the car to travel 3 hours to my boyfriend's home town.

Check in on Friday to read all about my boyfriend's home city.

For more images, head to my Instagram account.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...