Friday 28 June 2013

Sole Searching...

I have decided to get a little personal today...

I was recently made redundant, along with many of my fellow team members. 

I was made redundant from a job that I did not love. I worked hard at it and met some wonderful people during my time, but it never felt 'right' to me. 

In saying that, getting told I was being made redundant, scared me. 

During the transition period, I think I felt, every possible emotion known to man...grief, sadness, confusion even a bit of self loathing... you name it, I have probably felt it. 



After months of going on an emotional roller coaster ride, I have finally come to accepting my fate.

I have accepted the inevitable. Change is a good thing (not to mention scary and daunting!).
I have accepted that I'm the only one who can make choices regarding my future.
I have accepted that I should do something that I am passionate about.

After a bit of soul searching and many stress headaches to follow, I have put together a list of things that make me happy (and narrowed it down).

1. Writing. I've had a passion for writing, for a very long time. I don't know why it took many years for me to find this out. I have started writing my very own fiction novel! Yes, it is definitely a work in progress but I am 2 chapters down...only 19 to go... :) I have also decided to follow my University degree and pursue a career in Journalism. I have been out of the game for a little while now but I am willing to work hard.

2. Yes, you guessed it... Shoes. I love shoes and everything about them. I have decided to work part time selling shoes (bills need to be paid some how!). I really enjoy the one on one interaction with my customers. It gives me pleasure helping them find the perfect shoe for them. Not to mention, I get to be surrounded by shoes all day (and the staff discount doesn't hurt either!). My customers also give me inspiration for new blog ideas so stay tuned!

3. I have a real love of fashion and would like to further my knowledge and experience within the fashion industry. There are a few fashion courses that I have been investigating and I am really excited about expanding my knowledge in the world of fashion.



The goal for my future, is to be doing something that I love. Whatever it may be, I am determined to find it.

Redundancy is a scary word for some and I was extremely lucky to have great support from my family and the managers. 

Change is definitely a scary thing, but if you let it, it can be a good thing for you.



2 comments:

  1. I hope you get into Journalism and fashion. I think you will be fantastic at both. Good luck with the Novel. I tried writing one once got 300 pages and lost it moving house, be funny if it ends up as a novel by someone else.

    BTW loving the shoes.

    Bec x

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...