Friday 16 October 2015

How to go shopping for shoes in France

The first thing I did when I decided to travel to France was to learn some important French phrases to get me through.

Bonjour, au revoir, s'il vous plait, merci etc.

But then I realised, the most important phrases every fashionista should know in France...

Is... How to go shopping for shoes in France!

Galeries Lafayette in Nantes, France

To me, this was the most important thing to learn, so I could successfully go shopping for shoes, without my French speaking translator.

So, with the help of my boyfriend, I have compiled a list of French phrases for you to learn, to help you go shopping for shoes in France without knowing the French language.

1. Where can I find the shoe department?

Où est ce que je peut trouver le rayon chaussure?

2. May I try on these shoes in a 37, please?

Puis je essayer celles-ci en taille 37 s'il vous plait?


3. How much are these?

Combien est-ce? (est cela/c'est)?

4. I will take these please!

Je prend celle-ci / Je vais les prendre s'il vous plait!

5. Can you direct me to the Christian Louboutin shoes?

Pouvez-vous m'indiquer le magasin Christian Louboutin?

The most important thing to remember when you are shopping in France is, it's always polite to say hello (Bonjour) when you enter a shop. It is also polite to say thank you and goodbye (merci, au revoir) when you leave.


What else would you like to know when shopping in France?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...