Monday 22 June 2015

My Top 6 tips for Walking in High Heels

Walking in high heels is an art.

I still admire women who can walk around in high heels and make it look effortless. And nothing makes me cringe more then seeing a woman who is struggling in her heels.

I constantly get asked how I can walk around in high heels. All I can say is, I've had lots of practise! I've been working in a shoe shop for close to 5 years now so I've had plenty of practise for walking in different heel heights.

When I first started my blog back in 2012, I wrote a post on How to Walk in High Heels, giving you all my tips and tricks for mastering the art of stilettos. So I thought I would narrow down my tips and make it easier for you to conquer those heels.

Top 6 Tips for Walking in High Heels shoes


1. Size matters! Make sure your shoes fit you right. Too big and you'll be slipping out of them or too small and your feet will be cramped.

2. Practise! The more you do it, the better you will be at it. Practise walking on different surfaces so you will have all the skills you need for tackling any occasion.

3. Don't just jump straight into the 12cm stilettos. Start lower until you master the more sensible heights, then you can graduate into the ankle breakers.

4. Always walk in a heel to toe motion. This will make you stand tall and walk more smoothly. Remember to keep your head up!

5. Don't be afraid of stairs! When descending stairs, make sure you use the railings for support and make sure your whole foot occupies the step. When walking up stairs, just place the balls of your feet on the stairs, this looks more graceful. Keep the heels off the steps otherwise you will look like you are stomping!

6. Be confident! Look up, stand tall and keep good posture. This will make you look more carefree and effortless!

Don't forget to have fun in your high heels and enjoy the looks of admiration you'll be sure to get!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...