Tuesday 2 June 2015

In Her Shoes...

So it turns out, I have just as much fun behind the camera admiring other people's shoes, as I do showing off my own. So I thought, why not do it again.

And as I enjoy embarrassing my friend Jordan, I thought I would continue her story this week.


What do you love most about high heels? My favourite thing would be how they make you feel. Whenever I’m in heels I can feel how my posture is better and I feel like I can do anything! I always feel more positive about myself in heels!

What do you love most about these heels? My favourite thing about these heels is the colour. I have loved this particular shoe for a long time (in other colours) but as soon as it came out in the pink suede it was mine! This is me in a shoe.


What made you buy these shoes?
Like I mentioned before, it was definitely the colour that attracted me. I love suede in anything because its so comfortable, so when this particular make of shoe came out in hot pink suede I was in heaven. In terms of the style, the heel has always attracted me to this shoe. I love the heel placement how it goes straight down the back, and how its square. It’s not too thin, not too thick and it’s the perfect height for me.


Working part-time in a shoe store, you must see some crazy styles. What’s one shoe trend you would like to see disappear for good? One of the funny things you see in a shoe store is when customers come in wearing shoes that they have obviously pulled out from the archives. My particular pet hate, which I’d love to see never return are ridiculously pointy shoes from the 80’s/90’s. I love the current style of point that’s in fashion, like my pink ones, but some people need to learn to let go of the past, that’s not what we’re talking about when we say points are in fashion! But in the end, that’s just me!


Aside from working in a shoe store, you also work as a film editor, what inspired you to become a film editor?
I didn’t know until I started my degree that I wanted to be an editor. I’ve always had in interest in media, and when I met someone who had studied it, I knew that’s what I wanted to do. Once I started making films at uni, I knew editing was my forte. I’ve always been good with computers and technical things, and I love the art behind being the editor and creating projects.


What’s your long term career aspiration?
My long-term career aspiration is definitely to be editing feature films. I love anything film related, but my real passion is in features. My life dream is to edit blockbuster films, and make it to the big screen!
What do you most enjoy about film editing?
My favourite thing about film editing is that I get to create a story from a collection of different shots. When you get all the footage, everything is a mess and there’s so much to go through. As an editor, you get to put all those shots together in a way that makes them something completely different. I love being able to tell a story visually, and I just love the technical side of it.

Read In Her Shoes Part 1 here.


1 comment:

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...