Tuesday 26 May 2015

In Her Shoes...

During a recent photoshoot, my lovely photographer decided to show up, wearing a pair of boots which I have been coveting for the past 2 months. It inspired me to do something I've never done before...

I turned the camera onto her.

Meet Jordan, my photographer and film maker. And also my friend.



What inspired you to buy these boots?

I was originally inspired to buy these boots when I saw an almost identical pair at Stuart Weitzman. I absolutely loved the look of them with the leather front and elastic back because I’m not a huge black leather person, and it was just the right amount for a knee length boot. I told myself that if I ever found a similar pair for under $300 they would be mine! As soon as I found out Wittner made these, I went in and put them on layby (It was 40°C outside).



What do you love most about them?

My favourite things about these boots is how fitted they are. I bought my first ever pair of boots only last year, so I knew it was true love when my third ever pair of boots were knee-highs. They’re so slim fitting around the ankle (which is hard to find) and they go right up to the perfect height, just above the knee.

How do you style them?

My favourite way to style these boots is with black pants. I wear fitted black pants all the time and they just go perfectly with the leather. The black on black works really well and I find neither black gets washed out from the other. I’ve seen people wear them with skirts/dresses and stockings too which I will definitely try when it hits winter.


Are you a shoe lover like me?

Before working in a shoe store, absolutely not! I’ve always been a clothes person (and still am) but I’ve come a long way! I used to rotate between two or so pairs of flats, and really only had about three or four pairs of heels. Being exposed to good quality shoes really changed my wardrobe and style. Now I love shoes and almost buy them more than clothes. Unlike many shoe lovers, I don’t buy shoes if I already have something similar. I like to stick to the classics and then I have the odd colourful and more out there shoes.

How many shoes do you own?

11 pairs of flats, 12 pairs of heels and 3 pairs of boots.
Sounds like a lot when I wrote it down but some could definitely be thrown out!

If you could buy one pair of designer shoes, which ones would they be and why?

That’s a hard one! I’d have to say I’m not really into designer shoes, but before I bought my Wittner boots I would have said the Stuart Weiztman version! Now that I already have my dream boot…hmm maybe the beautiful blue Manolo’s from Sex and the City!



Sometimes you can take fashion inspiration from celebrities. socialites, bloggers and even people who surround you.

Who influences your fashion choices?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...