Friday 8 May 2015

My Travel Diary: 55 Hours in Margaret River

Where My Shoes Took Me...



I had a little 55 hour vacation down south to Margaret River. I needed a quick getaway to visit my boyfriend and I needed some time away from the hustle and bustle of the city for a little rest and relaxation.

After a decent 3 hour drive to Margaret River in my Mini Cooper, I finally started to relax when I drove through the beautiful winding roads and gorgeous tall trees, leaving the concrete jungle 300 kms in my rearview mirror.

I was in Margaret River during the Surfing Pro event so I spent a substantial amount of time watching the amazing waves at Surfer's Point and drinking coffee. I was surprised to see so many locals caught up in the hype of the surfing event.

I spent a lot of my down time, chilling on the beach with a coffee, listening to the waves crash against the rocks. Aside from relaxing on the beach, I spent some time tasting wine, sampling chocolate and trying different flavours of fudge. And I even spent a morning strolling through a local forest.


What you'll need for a quick vacation down south:

1. A pair of comfortable walking shoes. My personal preference is a pair of slip on trainers. They provide the right amount of comfort and luxury to any outfit.

2. Some flat leather ankle boots. You may do a bit of walking to find a restaurant so if you have a flat ankle boot, you can take a romantic stroll after dinner and be comfortable. Plus, I was shocked at first, but no one wears high heels in Margaret River!

3. Jeans are a definite must! During Autumn, Margaret River is a little bit chilly so jeans are easy to wear, comfortable and keep you warm! They can also be dressed up or down with a change of shoes!

4. A warm but chic jacket! You will be warm, it's simple to add a jacket to your outfit and you'll be ready for wining and dining in any restaurant.

5. Basic shirts are also your best friend in Margaret River! They are casual to wear with your jeans and slip on trainers during the day, but with a quick shoe change and your jacket, you'll be able to dress up your look!

6. Statement jewellery! It's simple to pack a pair of statement earrings and a statement ring to dress up your casual outfit!

7. A crossbody handbag. This will keep your hands free for all the wine tasting, you'll get to enjoy!





Margaret River is a great place to go when you have some free days. It is a relaxing place and enjoyable when you have a car to drive around. You can visit all the different wineries, factories and the different beaches along the coast, all at your own pace.


2 comments:

  1. Love it - shoes meet travel - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! It means a lot coming from you :)

      Delete

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...