Monday 5 September 2016

The end of my London chapter

Since 2011, it was always my dream to return to London and completely immerse myself into the wonderful city.

And then, at the end of 2015, I was finally able to do it.

I was a bundle of nerves, excitement and pride. Proud to be able to tick off another life aspiration.

For weeks, I was giddy with excitement of the new place to live, love and discover with my Frenchy.

And then my new relationship bubble burst... Hard.

London is a beautiful city to explore... As a tourist. But as soon as you start working and living in London, the novelty begins to wear off... FAST.

After difficulties opening a bank account and a struggle with homesickness, I was finding it difficult to appreciate the city I was living.


The crowded trains, the busy streets, the long commutes, the long working hours, the expensive restaurants, the rent that drains more than half your salary and finally the unpredictable weather. After a while, it becomes difficult and draining on your soul. 

My Frenchy and I were living London life for almost 10 months before we decided it wasn't a place for us.

I have met some wonderful people, ate some delicious food and will forever hold the memories of my time in London.

But for now, it's time to turn the page and start the next chapter.

Instagram / Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...