Monday 27 October 2014

Currently Trending: Crimsonite



Do you have that particular pair of shoes, that no matter how blue you are feeling, they make you feel better, instantly?

Well I do, and they are red.

No matter how sad or unmotivated I am feeling, as soon as I step my feet into a pair of bright, red shoes, my mood lifts and I feel like I am ready to conquer the world.


Red shoes are nothing new, they have been a popular trend for a long time, but I think they deserve a special mention for the Spring/Summer season. They are great to accompany your neutral Summer dresses during the warm months, but they are also fabulous for adding a pop of colour during the cold Winter months. The perfect all year rounder.

My tips for styling your red shoes are:

1. Add that little pop of colour to a basic neutral outfit. There is no neutral that red will not go with. My favourite outfit, is a black pencil skirts and white blouse, paired with red pointed toe pumps. The red adds a pop of colour to your outfit, while still being appropriate for the office.

2. For a fearless and jaw dropping outfit, definitely add your favourite red lipstick with your killer red heels and you'll be able to conquer any task given to you.

3. Avoid wearing your red shoes, with overly suggestive outfits. The pop of red in your shoes, is already sexy enough, so be sure to keep your outfit simple, classic and elegant. The red shoe will definitely do all the talking.

There are some things, that you should avoid wearing with red shoes. Red on red is just a red overkill and looks like you are trying to hard. And, the only appropriate time to style your red shoes, with a green outfit is Christmas time.


Last year, I dedicated a post to my first pair of red shoes. Since then, I have bought 3 more pairs and cannot seem to stop. There are so many pairs available and they come in an array of styles. You definitely should get shopping, to find the right pair for you.

Happy shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...