Monday 15 February 2016

A day in the life...

I've wanted to start a new segment on my blog for a few years now.

Since starting my blog, I have met many savvy fashionistas, wonderful stylists and inspirational women. So I thought, why not interview and share "a day in the life..." of the people who inspire and influence me for my loyal readers!

And to kick off the series, I thought I would start with a day in the life of me.

I wanted to share some of my personal life with you, to help you understand what motivates me!

A typical day off for me, means I get a sleep in, I run some errands and then go window shopping for fashion inspiration.

A day in the life of me!

9:00 I know it's not the best way to start the day but my day doesn't begin until I scroll through my fashion Instagram page! I love checking out the latest fashion and admiring other bloggers' outfits. After I've had my fashion fix, it's time for my coffee and breakfast. A typical breakfast for me is natural oats sweetened with vanilla essence and of course...coffee!

11:00 After doing some errands, it's time for a mid morning pick me up. I've recently been enjoying home made smoothies! I've been experimenting with different ingredients but my favourite combination at the moment is mango and strawberry. The fresh produce doesn't last so long here in London so I use frozen fruits. As a benefit, your smoothie is instantly chilled and ready to drink! 

My recipe:
1/2 frozen mango
1/2 frozen strawberry
1 1/2 cup of skim milk
Vanilla essence to taste


It's such a simple recipe but oh so tasty!

12:00 Once my brain has woken up, I usually spend a couple of hours doing my blogging and networking. I come up with new post ideas and share my blog archives on my Social Media platforms.... or I get distracted and browse other fashion bloggers!


2:00 This is when I take some time for myself. After I've picked my outfit and applied my makeup, I go exploring the city. I like to find great places to go shopping and enjoy a warm beverage while I do. I enjoy studying the latest fashion and getting inspiration for blog posts or to understand the latest trends. Sometimes I'm guilty of indulging, otherwise I enjoy "window shopping" and dreaming of the day when I can buy everything I want!


6:00 After 4 months of holidays and 3 months of settling into London life... I've just started getting back into my exercise. I spend 40 - 60 minutes doing body weight exercises.

My routine:
5 minutes of warm up stretching/exercises
5 sets of 20 squats
5 sets of 20 sit ups
5 sets of 20 lunges
5 sets of 10 push ups
5 sets of 10 tricep dips
10 minutes of stretching to cool down

As I regain my strength, I will be increasing my repetitions and slowly add some weights for resistance. At the moment, I am focusing on regaining my flexibility. The strength will come back later!

8:00 Dinner time! My Frenchy and I have different food schedules. I hate eating dinner after 8:30 but he never gets hungry! So when he's working, it's dinner for one at 8:00pm! I've always been difficult with food so dinner is usually something simple and it usually consists of chicken!

After dinner, I unwind by reading or doing some more blogging... Or watching re runs of Modern Family!

Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...