Friday 5 February 2016

The 5 shoes to avoid this Winter in London


We are definitely well into Winter now and it's sadly time to pack away some of your favourite shoes to get you through the rain, cold and snowy Winter here in London. Firstly, I haven't been in London very long but I can say from my experience... it rains a lot here. So there are many styles, materials and heels that won't make it through the season..

So, for now, it's time to pack away your trusty Autumn shoes and get prepared for Winter. Here are the 5 shoes to avoid this Winter.

1. Say goodbye to your beloved stilettos:

It pains me to write these words but it's true. Rain, snow and London, are not a very good combination! Walking in stiletto high heels in London, is a challenge in itself but add Winter elements... It's a disaster waiting to happen!


Instead, opt for a slightly chunkier, block style heel. They will be more stable and comfortable when walking around the London sights! 

2. Suede? No way!

Suede is one of my all time favourite shoe materials. The are soft, comfortable and elegant to wear, but sadly, they won't survive a second in the torrential rain London has. No matter how much waterproofing spray you put on them, I can almost guarantee, they won't survive. So leave them at home until the Spring has sprung!


Reach for your durable leather shoes, they'll hold up so much better in the weather!

3. Relaxed trainers

Since I began travelling, I have a new love for the sports luxe trend. I wore my white Armani canvas trainers with so many outfits. But they are not made for the Winter months. No matter how comfortable your canvas trainers are, I'm sorry, but they will not keep your feet dry. I remember walking home from the Tube station and completely underestimated the depth of a puddle! My poor feet were freezing cold by the time I got home. So, say goodbye to your old friend for now. They'll be waiting for when the puddles dry up!


If you can't survive without your comfortable trainers, you can find some luxe leather trainers which will have a much longer life in the Winter.

4. Sandals...

My biggest shoe weakness is suede, strappy, high heeled stiletto sandals so this post is completely crushing my soul! I'm sorry but sandals are not designed for Winter. So, if you want to keep your toes and not lose them to frostbite, it's time to let your favourite sandals rest while we endure this frightful season! Sandals shine the brightest during Spring and Summer so be patient!


If you can't survive without making a statement in sandals, opt for statement closed toes, you can wear hosiery to warm your feet up without drawing too much attention to your feet.

5. Ugh!... I mean Uggs!

I'm all for relaxed outings but please, Uggs are not boots! Leave your Uggs at home this Winter! I know they keep your feet toasty warm and comfortable but they are not proper Winter boots. Aside from the water resistant styles available, your Ugg boots will not handle the outdoor terrain, no matter how well you protect them and clean them. Keep yours Uggs fluffy and cozy for your feet to step into after a cold and busy Winter day.


As a shoe lover, it is very hard for me to say goodbye to some of my trusty shoes this Winter but, the silver lining... It's time to go shoe shopping for Winter.


Check back next week for the must have shoes for Winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...