Monday 7 December 2015

Top 5 things I'd love to change about London

I've been in London for officially one month now and while I am still in the honeymoon stage of our new relationship, there are some things that I'd love to change about London.

So I've compiled a list of the top 5 things I'd love to change about London, to make sure we have a long and happy relationship for the future!


1. This is one seriously expensive city. And when I say seriously expensive, I mean, it's really, really expensive. If you are planning on moving to London to work and save (like me!), don't expect the saving part to happen right away. Whilst, I still love this place, it costs more than 10 pounds a day, to travel into Central London and rent costs almost your entire pay cheque, it takes some serious work hours to make ends meet.

2. You will feel like a tiny little ant when you are in Central London and you will be forever getting out of the way of crazy shoppers. There are so many people here. It's a highly populated place which is permanently hustling and bustling. If you are someone who hates really busy places, London isn't for you.

3. You will never, ever get a seat on the Tube during peak hour. Now as a young person, I know I shouldn't complain about standing on the tube for 20 minutes but when you work on your feet all day.... It's nice to be able to sit down during your commute.


4. You will work many, many hours in this city. While you may work a traditional 9 hour day, it will feel like an extremely long day when you add your commute to and from your work. If you are like me and can't afford living in Central London, you may be based in Zone 3 or 4, which makes your working day feel so much longer.

5. The city goes dark by 4pm. The first day in the city, I was in shock that the streets were in total darkness before I had my afternoon coffee! Seriously, why?

So, while I am super excited to discover a new city, I can see this being one of those love/hate relationships. 

Check back next week for more on the London Series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...