Tuesday 23 April 2013

Sole Sister!

Someone recently asked me, "if you could have anyone's wardrobe, past, present or fictional, whose would it be?" 

It took me a lot of thought but I have decided...

Carrie Bradshaw!!! 

Yes, she is a fictional character but Oh. My. God. aren't her shoes amazing? 

I'm a huge fan of Sex and the City and have watched the series and movies many times. Carrie Bradshaw is a columnist, fashion addicted socialite and a best selling author. She is everything I aspire to be. 

She has a wardrobe I would kill for, lives in New York City (and briefly, Paris, in Season 7) and ends up marrying the man of her dreams! And she does all this, in designer heels. Let's just say... She has the life that I actually dream of! 

There are so many fashion icons in the world and so many to choose from. After making this tough decision, I decided to watch Sex and the City 2...again. 

In the opening scene of the movie, I was definitely convinced, I made the right decision. Carrie steps out, onto the streets of Manhattan, in a beautiful white Halston Heritage dress, reflective aviators and a killer pair of Christian Louboutin, sparkling gold, Pigalle heels. These shoes, are the shoes, I've been dreaming about since 2010.

Sex and the City 2 movie poster
Throughout the movie, Carrie puts her best foot forward, in more stunning and drool worthy shoes by CL and other designers (which are all amazing). And this is only skimming the surface of her shoe collection. 

Throughout the movie, Carrie also impresses me with her exceptional choice of attire and accessories. 

The standout dress of the movie and one that I would love to own, is the Emilio Pucci teal gown. This is the dress that Carrie wears, when she has dinner with Aidan. This dress is just amazing. The gold detail and the colour contrast is exquisite. I don't think I really need give any further explanation, just look at the poster! If I could just have the Christian Louboutin sparkling gold heels and this dress, I would be very happy! 

Sex and the City 2 movie poster
And this is just the amazing fashion of SATC2. I don't even think I should get started on the first Sex and the City movie ... or her Manolo Blahnik collection. 

After watching SATC2, this not only confirmed that Carrie Bradshaw's wardrobe is utterly amazing, it has also made me really want those Pigalle Louboutins! 

Image from the Christian Louboutin website

If you could have anyone's wardrobe, whose would it be?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...