Friday 13 February 2015

My Travel Diary: Rottnest Island

So I decided to give myself some time off from blogging and instead, have a mini vacation (or as I called it, a mini-cation) to refresh myself and relax for the first time in months.

My mini-cation was very mini. Two days to be exact…

But it was a fabulous 2 days, spent with sunshine, sand, salt water, fresh air and my boyfriend. What more could you want?

Well throw in some bicycles, snorkelling equipment and colourful fish… And then it is perfect.

So, my mini-cation took place in Rottnest Island. Just a short 45 minute ferry ride off the coast of my home town, Perth, Western Australia.

Now, I have to admit, I wasn't all that excited for my mini-cation because I've been to Rottnest Island a few times before and even spent my school leavers on the island. But my French boyfriend was so excited to see it, that his excitement took over me!

We cycled around the island, stopping at various, pristine beaches for a dip in the secluded waters.We saw a school of dolphins and even watched sea lions playing in the water.

Not only did I bathe in the 30 degree+ weather (I may have used an entire tub of sunscreen in two days), I finally found some guts and I went snorkelling for the first time. And I have to say, it was the best experience ever. The water was so beautiful and refreshing and it was crystal clear, to make it perfect for swimming and admiring the many wonderful coloured fish.

Although my vacation was short, it was one of the most eventful and exciting vacations that leaves a ridiculous smile on my face, whenever I think about it.

I thought I would share some of my many photos from the island with you, for your viewing pleasure.


We left a stormy Perth behind and was blessed
with sunshine and clear skies for the day

One of the many, glorious beaches we visited while on the island

Sadly our first day was cut short and we did miss the sunset,
but we got to watch the storm from a beautiful location

The second day, we saw some more beaches and beautiful waves

The sea lions were playing in the bay under the new viewing deck

Finally, we finished the day, swimming with some fish

So, if you have a few days off and you want to have a fun and relaxing vacation, head to Rottnest Island, you won't regret it. The island is engulfed in clear blue water and soft white sand. It is a vision of beauty. My only piece of advise to you is, one day trips are not long enough to truly enjoy and explore the island. If you are lucky and can spare a few days, I can assure you, you will not regret it.

If you love soft, white sand, crystal clear water and a little bit of cycling, then this is definitely the place for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...